Due to the high number of submissions received, Mayfair Literary Agency will be closed for submissions for the rest of 2019
(unless you receive a request from the agent - then please still submit)
NOTE: submissions are welcome in February 2020 for middle grade and young adult fiction only
We only represent Australian authors.
Please include the word ‘submission’ in the email header plus the title and genre of the manuscript. Then include the following in the
body of the email:
- Subject line: submission - manuscript title – author name – genre
- The query letter should contain a brief synopsis of the story (1-3 paragraphs)
- The manuscript word count
- A brief bio, with details of your writing background
- Publication history (if any)
- Your writing plans for the next few years
- Please paste the first chapter of your manuscript or the whole picture book text into the email
- ***If you have any social media links and a website, please attach at the bottom of your email.
Please send your email to: [email protected]
We’ll try to respond to all submissions received, provided they are in accordance with our submission guidelines. If we are interested in your work we will get in touch within twelve weeks, asking to read either a partial or full manuscript.
If you receive an offer of representation from another agency, please email us right away and let us know.
If we do request more material, please allow up to eight weeks for us to get back to you. Feel free to check in again if we don’t respond within that time frame.
Please note - Mayfair Literary Agency is extremely selective about who we represent. We’re only taking on a small number of authors so we can give each client our time and attention. Commission based - 15%.
Thank you for thinking of Mayfair Literary Agency for your work – all the best!